Thursday, September 24, 2009

"So you think you can make art"


I am not sure if you guys have heard yet but Bravo (Sarah Jessica Parker) will be producing an art show similar to ‘American Idol’ or  ’So You Think You Can Dance’.  

Here is a a short Blurb:  The 13 finalists eventually chosen — from among hundreds who have already auditioned in Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago and now in New York — will compete for a gallery show, a cash prize and a sponsored national museum tour, though the producers have not revealed how much money is at stake or which museums or galleries will participate.

What will come of this? I love watching Hell’s Kitchen but I feel like the producers pick some contestants that have crazy personalities in order to make the show interesting. They make the tiniest things so dramatic, “oh my god you burnt lettuce, you DONKEY!”.

Is this the new ‘art for the people’? Could this bring future funding? What will this say about art today? Artist today?  Will we have a new rise of little ‘andy warhols’?  

I honestly think this is freaking me out!

Here is the link

3 comments:

Sculpture said...

Honestly, I can't wait for the show, but I'm a bit of a trashy TV junky.

Tobias said...

When does it start? I can't wait but I'll probably be disappointed or annoyed when I see it.

Amber said...

Im not sure when it will air, they have already done it. Im with you tobias, I can't wait to be annoyed.