Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Unmonumental For Tobias


I posted this show Unmonumental, also at the new museum, some of the works reminded me of Tobi's aesthetics.  They are raw in nature and seem to bring in all sorts of materials including sound, video and light.

Here is a link and excerpt:
“Unmonumental” is an exhibition about fragmented forms, torn pictures and clashing sounds. Investigating the nature of collage in contemporary art practices, “Unmonumental” also describes the present as an age of crumbling symbols and broken icons. Inspired by the art it presents, “Unmonumental” grows over time like an assemblage. It starts as a survey of recent sculpture, and morphs as layers of imagessounds, and Internet-based art are added in three subsequent parts.

1 comment:

Tobias said...

Thanks Amber, I love the term "unmonumental." I was just looking at some of this stuff the other day. I appreciate you thinking of me and definitely feel a connection to the work.