It would be different if you did this just for you, and it was a private situation. But as far as the artist community; Why not just move to a real trailer park where the people (your neighbors) are not just artists? Imagine if this said 'Artists create an artist only Ghetto Housing project...' I can see the benefit of creating the op for mobile living, but then just really live mobile, and travel in the trailer like the retired do. I think the part that bugs me the most is it is just for artists, as if creating a real trailer park in the warehouse and having some artists mixed with other people would be bad. I know this happens all the time with studio situations, but then call it studios, and have partitions for making work etc, and allow trailers for the more mobile artists, but to create an artist only trailer park I still think is elitist and to call it a trailer park mocks the poor since they are excluded (at least the non hipster ones)
6 comments:
elitists mocking the poor
its my dream some day to own a warehouse and a trailer inside with a fake yard
It would be different if you did this just for you, and it was a private situation. But as far as the artist community; Why not just move to a real trailer park where the people (your neighbors) are not just artists?
Imagine if this said
'Artists create an artist only Ghetto Housing project...'
I can see the benefit of creating the op for mobile living, but then just really live mobile, and travel in the trailer like the retired do. I think the part that bugs me the most is it is just for artists, as if creating a real trailer park in the warehouse and having some artists mixed with other people would be bad. I know this happens all the time with studio situations, but then call it studios, and have partitions for making work etc, and allow trailers for the more mobile artists, but to create an artist only trailer park I still think is elitist and to call it a trailer park mocks the poor since they are excluded (at least the non hipster ones)
hey Amber was there a crit schedule on here somewhere?
I don't think there is a critic schedule on the blog or did you mean the studio visit schedule?
yes studio visit
Post a Comment